Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sunset & Double Hung Windows

From photo project 2010


This was taken this past Monday. It was the first decent sunset I've seen from my house in a while. I missed a couple when my wife and I were out and about, so this was the first one I thought was worth taking a photo of. The beauty of our new windows is that they're all double hung. I spotted this while in the 3rd bedroom (a.k.a. computer room or home office), and opened the top panel window down without the screen - and snapped away. F stop at 22 while force focusing on the building so the sensors would calculate the shutter speed based on the darker portion of this shot, and not at the setting sun. Otherwise, the foreground of the building would've just been a big black silhouette.

No comments:

Post a Comment