Friday, July 23, 2010

Guitar Hero

From photo project 2010


From photo project 2010


From photo project 2010


Lately it seems I've been obsessed with two things - photography, and guitars n' gear. These are some of the best shots I've taken to date. For these shots, I used my 50mm prime lens, aperture set between 7 and 9, and had to mount the camera to a tripod. At that aperture and the quickly fading sun, the shutter speed was just too slow for me to hold this camera while shooting. A little exposure adjustment in a photo editor to bring down the brightness and up the contrast a bit, and voila.

I've gotten a number of complements from strangers on this guitar. It's not a big name bling bling guitar like a Gibson ES335 (which this Ibanez copied), but people have been surprised at how nice this guitar looks. Picked this baby up on ebay on the cheap - guitar was in like new condition when it arrived at my house. I was debating between getting a sunburst or a cherry red, but I'm so glad I went for the sunburst. It's magnificent.

Rock on my friends.

1 comment:

  1. really impressive Fred!! love the resolution and details, your passion for music and photography is shining brightly ;-)

    ReplyDelete