Monday, July 26, 2010

Milk n' Cookies

From photo project 2010


Who doesn't like oreo cookies and milk? I was getting tired last night, and had a hard time coming up with an idea of what to shoot. I tried a few shots of different things around the house that just didn't work. Then before heading to bed, I decided to try shooting oreo cookies. I took a few of the three cookies fresh from the box. I wasn't too happy with them so I took a bite out of one and took a few more shots. Looking back at the photos today, I chuckled at this one - for reasons unknown to me. Photography intersects with the mundane life.

I tried framing this a bit differently than what I normally post. I decided to crop this into a square. Normally, you would refrain from a square frame composition unless you were shooting something more proportional, but I'm not sure if I like this or not. What do you guys think? Does a square frame work in this shot? I'd love to hear from other photographers. Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment