Saturday, July 17, 2010

Gearhead

From photo project 2010


Okay, so owning six pedals doesn't really qualify me as a gearhead (that Boss F5-5U tap tempo doesn't count). This won't be the last photo of my gear on this blog because I've got a few ideas of shots for my pedal board that I have yet to implement, and as new gear is added to my board eventually, there'll definitely be more photos. For this shot, I used a polarizing filter to eliminate the reflections from the window off of the pedals. Prior to shooting with the polarizing filter, there was a really strong reflection coming off of the black Timmy and Lovepedal (black and taupe) to such an extent that the word "Timmy" couldn't even be seen. After screwing on the polarizing filter and rotating it around a bit, I was able to eliminate much of the reflection. In the background is the very cheap, but very nice sounding Vox AC4TV, a 4 watt all tube amp. This little monster gets LOUD while maintaining a very nice chimey sound. Gotta love the gear.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any recommendations on purchasing a polarizing filter?

    ReplyDelete