Saturday, March 5, 2011

Breaking the Seal

From photo project 2010


I've finally finished my Macallan 15 Year Select Oak single malt scotch last night. I tend to nurse my scotch because I don't like to fork over $40-$50 in one shot on liquor. The Macallan lasted me a good 7 months - way longer than any 750ml scotch has a right to. I will say, that the only thing good about pouring the last bit of that Macallan was the anticipation of a new bottle of scotch that I haven't yet tried.

Well here it is - a Cragganmore 12 year speyside single malt which came upon a recommendation from my little cousin who apparently is a much bigger scotch conoseuier than I am. That label there gives it a pretty good general idea of this scotch - a bit sweeter than the Macallan 15 year select oak with a hint of smokiness, and not nearly as sweet as the Macallan 12 year which swings more on the sherry side. Thumbs up to this Cragganmore.

No comments:

Post a Comment