Monday, February 7, 2011

Frozen!

From photo project 2010


From photo project 2010


What a rough winter in NJ so far. We've probably had the most snow in a four week stretch than I've ever remembered. Practically one snow storm a week, with two storms that dropped around 15-19 inches of snow each, and one nasty ice/sleet/freezing rain storm last week. At least there are nice photos to be had afterwards. These were taken with a 50mm mounted on an extension tube. The tube allows me to get up super close to my subject while staying in focus. This is the other way to do macro photography. Prior to this, I was using a reversal ring to mount my lens backwards for macro shots. It's one thing to do that indoors, but a little precarious to have the back of your lens exposed outdoors. I'd still prefer using an actual macro lens though since you lose both metering and auto focus this way, but I just can't afford a $500 macro lens right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment