Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Night at the Beach, a Walk in the Woods

From photo project 2010


From photo project 2010


Both taken last week. It's been a pretty busy week and I haven't had the energy to do much shooting or posting. Took these last Sunday and Monday respectively. I caught the sunset which gave a really strong radiating glow to the structure behind the house that is mostly a sillohette. I thought it looked kinda cool. Second shot is from last Monday. Took the day off and went for a little hike in the Sourland Preserve in Hillsborough. I um...lost the trail on my way up. So I just followed someone back down. Fail. This second shot made me wish I had either a wider angle lens or a full frame format camera body (or both). The 18mm just wasn't enough here to capture more of the tops of the trees, and combined with the DX format camera body, what I'm really getting here is the equivalent of a photo shot at 27mm. I didn't want to lose the fallen tree as that is really what makes this photo work more so than more tree height, so it is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment